About the Job
The Permanent Secretary leads the day-to-day activities of the Caribbean Customs Law Enforcement Council (CCLEC) and the work of the Secretariat.
As Permanent Secretary you will be responsible for leading the co-ordination of the flagship joint intelligence office (JIO), providing enforcement capability across Member customs administrations, and represent the Organization at both a regional and international level. You will be responsible for managing a small team of Secretariat and JIO staff on a daily basis and you will be accountable to the Executive Committee via the Chair of the Executive Committee. You will lead the team in developing innovative project proposals and, representing the Council, present these to stakeholders to gain support and buy-in.
You will join the Organization at a key point in its history and you will be at the forefront of leading it through a period of transformation as it establishes itself under an international Treaty.
This is a senior post with a profile and influence at national, regional and international level.
- Liaising with member customs administrations to ensure the full benefit of legitimate law enforcement activity under the CCLEC remit is realised;
- Working with regional and international organizations for the purpose of promoting CCLEC on the international stage and developing strong working relationships based on cooperative arrangements;
- Be responsible for developing the work program for the following year and submitting this to the Executive Committee for examination;
- Be responsible for overseeing the successful implementation the work program agreed by the Executive Committee;
- Managing the secretariat and the Joint Intelligence Office on a daily basis;
- Reporting to the annual session of the Council and the Chairman of the Executive Committee;
- Performing technical and administrative functions for the Council and its Committees;
- Developing projects and acquiring the relevant funding for their sustenance;
- Ensuring that CCLEC complies with operating requirements through, for example, budget development and financial management; managing operational and organisational risks
The Permanent Secretary shall adhere to the Standards of Conduct for CCLEC Staff.